SLIDER

Sunday Lately: Week 3 - 2019


Sunday Lately is a weekly linkup hosted by the Blogger Tribe!  We e-hangout every Sunday, sharing a small glimpse into the past week of life in our own worlds. Full collection of posts can be found on Wild + Wanderful.

Losing. I am desperately trying to lose weight. Well, not exactly, but my yarn stash is. I have been on a yarn diet since last year. Somehow instead of losing weight, my yarn stash has gained weight. Like last week 300 g of alpaca wool arrived in our house. Why? Because it was on sale... 30% off. And I had some leftover alpaca wool from my sister's cardigan which I couldn't use because there just wasn't enough yarn to make anything really. So you see, I just had to buy some more!

Pairing. Clothes in my wardrobe. Which clothes go together? What do I have to knit or sew to pair the already existing clothes with the new ones? I wanted to take part in the Make nine 2019 challenge but I still haven't decided which nine items to make!

Surprising. I am knitting a pair of wool socks for my godmother and I hope to surprise her on her birthday in February. There are also a few other people that I want to surprise with handmade wool socks this year. Probably also my PhD thesis supervisor and opponent. Let's see how that all goes anyway, and who will be more surprised in the defence of dissertation, me or them...

How has your week been?

10 kommenttia

  1. My week has been tired. After the Christmas holiday it has been quite difficult to get back to the rhythm. The weather has been very nice here in Finland and the sun is finally back - at least for a while. I have got also a knitting inspiration and I've got couple pair of socks ready for babies!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. I feel you. Well, at least it certainly looks lovely with all the snow and the little glimpse of the sun! I am keen to see what kind of socks you have made!

      Poista
  2. My week felt...hard to describe. The aftermath of moving is means perpetual unboxing and I just want it to end already. But we explored our neighborhood, so that's a good part of moving: surprises around every corner!

    Also, I can't decide on my Make Nine either. I might just wing it this year.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Oh no, moving is such a stress! We moved in the summer, back to our old house. I've still got plenty of stuff in the basement unboxed...

      Poista
  3. I'm just learning about this challenge! I need to participate because I only knit three items last year and I suffer from second sock syndrome pretty bad. Got to get busy making!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. I found the perfect solution for the second sock syndrome: I just have to make both socks at the same time.

      Poista
  4. Oh, the yarn. I've been on a yarn diet too. My approach has been to use up ALL of a yarn before moving on to the next. Sometimes that means taking a partial skein to school to put in the art box. It's been working... so far.

    VastaaPoista
  5. Your losing is my life. Yarn. Fabric. Weight. All of it, haha.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Oh well. I guess it's pretty much everybody's life, especially if they are into handicraft. The weight is not an issue for me but I need to work out more, I confess I've been too lazy with that over the past 15 years.

      Poista

© CRAFT CANDIDATE • Theme by Maira G.