Easy and quick knitted throw + pattern

easy, quick, knitted, throw, afghan, blanket, pattern

A knitted afghan in just 2,5 weeks?! I didn't think that would be possible but I made it! ☺


blanket, throw, afghan, knitted, pattern

A few weeks before my husband's neice's confirmation I got this somewhat crazy idea of giving her something else than money so that she would remember the day. I thought that a throw would be nice to have. I asked the girl's mother for her favourite colours and therefore chose white, grey and pink. I bought two balls of each colour in Novita 7 Brothers yarn collection but also looked to my yarn stash for similar shades.

scrap yarn, leftover yarn

I made three stripes, first in white, then in grey and then in pink, and used another yarn together as follows: first two white yarns together, then two grey yarns together, then pink and white together, then white and grey, grey and white, and pink and grey, and so I continued. That way I could use up the rest of my similar coloured leftover yarn because they sank in the blanket in a nice and smooth way.

easy, quick, knitted, afghan, throw, blanket, pattern

Pattern:

Knitted blanket

Yarn: Novita 7 Brothers white, grey and pink yarn, 2 balls of each colour (à 150 g) + miscellaneous leftover yarn
Needles: 12 mm circular needles 80 cm long
Crocheting hook: 4 mm
Size: width ca 120 cm, higth 160 cm

Cast on 100 stitches. Knit garter stitch and make always 2 rows in white, grey and pink stripes alternating another yarn, white and grey in the rows. (*1st stripe: white and white, 2nd stripe: grey and grey, 3rd stripe: pink and white, 4th stripe: white and grey, 5th stripe: grey and white, 6th stripe: pink and grey*, repeat from * to *.)
Cast off when the blanket is about 150-170 cm long.
Crochet 4 chain stitches, 1 slip stitch to the second chain stitch, 2 double crochets (Br.)/single crochets (Am.) in the blanket, *3 ch st, 1 sl st in the 1st ch st, 2 dc (Br.)/sc (Am.) in the blanket*, repeat from * to *.

knitted, blanket, throw, afghan, pattern, easy, quick

PS. Other blankets I have made:

4 comments

  1. Beautiful blanket! How I wish I could knit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rachel! Well, it's never too late to learn if you feel like it! :)

      Delete
  2. That looks super cozy! I was trying to learn to crochet last winter, I couldn't even imagine learning to knit a blanket. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Teronia! Well, if you learned to crochet you will also learn to knit. :) But you can also crochet really nice blankets with simple stitches...

      Delete